- The first underground waste disposal plant worldwide, at the Herfa- Neurode site in Hesse has been in operation since 1972, and is still run by the K+S group.
- Since 1991 the K+S Entsorgung GmbH has been your partner when it comes to the disposal of waste from industry and commerce, all other hazardous wastes as well as for recycling secondary aluminium salt fluxes.
- As part of the K+S group, we draw on the infrastructure and the knowledge of one or the world’s leading providers of fertilisers, plant care and salt products, on all matters related to geology and mining.
- For the disposal of hazardous wastes, the K+S group operates two underground waste disposal plants and five underground recovery facilities.
- Until today, we have disposed of several million tons of waste below ground, and have capacities for disposing of several hundred thousand tons annually.
- 2 underground waste disposal plants,
annual capacity 270,000 t
- 5 underground recovery facilities,
annual capacity 650,000 t
- facility for building material recycling,
annual capacity 550,000 t
- REKAL® –plant for salt slag recycling,
annual capacity 100,000 t